Carilion Clinic Update
By Dr. Badr Ratnakaran
PGY-4 Resident in Psychiatry
Dr. Kishore Nagaraja
PGY-2 Resident in Psychiatry
Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Our residents continue to make our institution proud with their accomplishments. We had four of our PGY-3 residents match into Child and Adolescent Psychiatry fellowship programs this year:
- Dr. Gulafsheen Quadri - University of Maryland
- Dr. Gurjot Malhi - University of Washington
- Dr. Navroop Kaur - Zucker School of Medicine
- Dr. Felicia Gallucci - University of Miami
We had eight poster presentations from our residents at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association:
- Qiu, S., Hartman, C., & Hartman, C., One-Year Retention in Comprehensive Care Office-based Opioid Treatment Model versus Traditional Medication-Assisted Treatment.
- Qiu, S., & Vasudeva, S., A Case Series About Perioperative Management of Buprenorphine.
- Kar, A., Malhi, G., & Kablinger, A.S., Characteristics of Psychiatry Residency Program Directors: A Review of Trends and Implications.
- Samarbafzadeh, E., Koloukani, S.A., & Adikey, A., Acute Onset Encephalopathy in the Context of Malignancy: A Case Report.
- Vadukapuram, R., Trivedi, C., Reddy, A., Mansuri, Z.N., & Thootkur, M.R., Pimavanserin in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease Psychosis: Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Vadukapuram, R., Trivedi, C., Reddy, A., Motiwala, F., & Thootkur, M.R., Increased Suicidality and worse outcomes in MDD patients with OSA: A Nationwide Inpatient Analysis of 11 years from 2006-2017.
- Adikey, A., Kerman, I., & Kablinger, A.S., Delusional Parasitosis, Antipsychotics to treat “Bugging”.
- Woods, C., Kaur, N., & Kablinger, A.S., Using Delay Discounting to Predict Length of Stay and Readmission for Inpatient Psychiatric Patients.
Dr. Badr Ratnakaran won the 2021 Carilion Clinic Shine Award for Provider Excellence by Residents/ Fellows and got inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society of Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. After graduation, Dr. Ratnakaran will be joining the Geriatric Psychiatry training program at Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
IS NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE AND TABLET!
JOIN PSV TODAY!
September 24-25, 2021
Norfolk The Main
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
APA Find a Psychiatrist
Are you accepting new patients?
Opt into APA’s Find A Psychiatrist database. To view the functionality or opt-in,
FYI: A link for this option has been added to the PSV website. Select the About button and then Find a Psychiatrist from the drop down.